November 12, 2006

Best Wisdom comes from Cartoons

"Tear down the walls of convention with the wrecking ball of creativity and rebuild the walls of innovation with the mortar of collaboration."
- Sunny Baxter (Andre 3000, Class of 3000)

While watching my absolute favorite, Cartoon Network, last night I caught the premiere episode of highly anticipated animated series Class of 3000 from Benjamin Andre of Outkast. The show was pretty good, a light hearted comedy that will most likely be enjoyed by elementary age students.The whole episode is based upon the quote that I have posted above. Sunny Baxter, the picture character above, attempts to teach the kids how to apply the quote to their music lessons and planning for the school pageant. Of course, in true cartoon fashion, the kids confuse the quote, Sunny forgets to teach them to work together and everything becomes a huge mess until the last minute when everyone pulls together to allow the pageant to succeed. The funny thing is.... I fell in love with the quote... I felt that it was applicable to many things particularly the life of a college student. I needed to find out who said this quote, in what context, and when.... so while googling the quote I come to find out that the quote is from the script of the show. No philosopher, no activist, no PhD.... writers for a television show, perhaps even Andre 3000 himself. The beauty is that even in cartoons one can find someone else's passion for creativity, wisdom, and inspiration.

0 outsider contributions: