"However, my understanding of mutual love tells me that it's most likely to grow where the parties involved relate affectionately not merely to each other, but to something shared that transcends and includes them." - Ayi Kwei Armah Eloquence of the Scribes (p. 163)
I have had the most fantastic weekend.
I love my sisters.
It aint over yet, either.
I know you're jealous.
I'm about halfway through Eloquence of the Scribes and though I do not know if my calling (responsibility) is to write as of yet, but I will say that Armah be SPEAKING in this text on some REALLY REAL type SH*T. Pardon the language, but if you are so inclined to engage yourself in his work, I am sure you will understand what I am talking about.
I am not the one to "name" all the various types of love. One HAS TO admit that the english language does a great disservice by only providing one word to describe the variety of relationships that on this earth. Honestly, how can one honestly use the same word to describe the passion that they have for their career and the respect and enamor an individual has for their spouse. It can't be done. It simply does not make sense.
With all that being said, lessons in this thing called love abound in our daily lives if we choose to accept them for what they are worth.
0 outsider contributions:
Post a Comment